- Phone 971.238.0154
- Email / Hangouts Xedecimal@xedecimal.net
Software Dev • Web Dev • Network Admin • Data Admin • Hardware Tech
About This Portland Programmer
A position as a PHP programmer would be my best position, however web development in any other language works fine too. Standard compliant code is paramount, object oriented modular design is a necessity. I can tweak up your existing design or chop your PSDs into dynamic layouts. Write your scripts that convert your data, or debug your errors, find their source and give you a solution for them. over 10 years of web development has given me the ability to grow from the mistakes I've made in the past and the means to find the solutions for new obstacles for the future. I like to say anything is possible, just a question of which path gets us there.
- Software Developer – Self Employed – April 2002 - Present – Oregon
- Database administration using Access, Microsoft SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Mongo and more
- Front end development using HTML, XML, CSS, LESS, SASS, and the rest
- Creating graphics and layouts in Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, Flash, Swish and more
- Many, many other languages and applications.
- Lead Developer – CreativeHaus - October 2013 - Present – Greater San Diego Area
- Develop new sites from existing designs via PSD or AI.
- Make modifications to existing sites as needed or requested.
- Optimize existing site's performance and compliance.
- Check quality, fix errors, improve code for existing sites and systems.
- Install, upgrade and maintain software for content management systems, ecommerce systems, customer relationship systems and others.
- Manage backend databases for existing systems.
- Import or export or translate data from one system to another.
- Train new or existing developers in new technologies or local protocols.
- Write documentation on existing systems, protocols or operating procedures for the company.
- Manage servers and ensure scalability with a growing farm of sites and software.
- Consult with colleagues to establish patterns or paths to take for future growth.
- Lead Developer – SEOhaus LLC – September 2012 - Present – Greater San Diego Area
- Implementation of search engine optimizations
- Optimization of site and server configurations to improve load times
- Implementation of features to make meta information available and editable
- Modifications to existing sites making them standard compliant
- Installation of new systems for analytics and statistics
- Implementation of micro-data formats like schema.org or opengraph
- Integrate social network systems for improved traffic and rankings
- Built tools, scripts or macros to simplify incoming formats and data into a more standard format or to collect information out of existing sites.
- Lead Developer – E*Tap Marketing – January 1999 - September 2012 – Willmar, MN
- Managed client servers and hosting and feature planning.
- Altered existing designs to improve maintainability and expandability.
- Cut up and placed W3C compatible code on literally hundreds of projects.
- Organized and consulted features to achieve client’s objectives.
- Developed client and server based software and web oriented applications.
- Built an entire payment gateway and administration system for a conglomerate of power companies to many thousands of customers.
- Interviewed candidates and selected compatible team members.
- Interactively trained team members to be more proficient doing what we do.
For anything not listed, just ask, I'm sure I know something about it.